User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News
BEST LAID PLANS
New web series coming in 2010...

Home | Help | Search | Login | Register
WebSerials.com Forums  |  Our Shows  |  Cataclysmo  |  Topic: Cataclysmo II: 13 - The Truth Is Out There
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Cataclysmo II: 13 - The Truth Is Out There  (Read 11704 times)
cataclysmorox

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2008, 02:44:08 AM »

This is KILLING ME! I can't wait for the next episode. This one must be the biggest cliffhanger yet.
The only thing that keeps me from exploding is that I've been creating the backgrounds I put on the other thread. I'm probably going to start some backgrounds of individual characters. I also tried creating an ad of sorts, though it's just sound and a still shot. The code to embed it is below:
<embed src='http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/721/testpg8.swf' quality='high' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='448' height='253'></embed><br/><a href='http://www.webserials.com/'>Cataclysmo</a>

Once the individuals' backgrounds are complete, it would be interesting to employ a hit counter to see who the most popular character is.  Smiley

Where did you guys get the people to act in these films? Friends? Or are they all professional actors? Goodness knows it looks like they are. Smiley

WANTED:
Schrodinger's Cat
Dead and Alive
Kevin Christensen
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2008, 08:41:42 AM »

I knew Brian and Chris from college, and I asked them to play the leads because I knew they could do an awesome job. I also specifically approached Nate Bell to play the part of H. G. Wells because, well, I hope it's obvious. Smiley 

Jesse, Erin, Jai, and Kalimba were cast to play (respectively) Crankshaft, Sam, Amelia, and the Queen of Atlantis, through our casting process in which we saw hundreds of actors and actresses and selected the best from the lot. Several of the supporting characters were also cast this way.

There are a lot of the minor characters that are friends of ours, and sometimes we've even re-used them for multiple roles.

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying their performances as much as I have.

-Kevin
"You are talking about the nonsensical ravings of a lunatic mind."
Alec Corday

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2008, 03:16:13 PM »

I knew it! There's somethings fishy about them Atlanteans! Didn't I say it? I said it! I so said it!

Okay, fanboy is going to shut up now.

Kudos to another installment well done. That Sam is the one going all Scully on them tickles me pink! It proves once again my adorationmiration for that character is not out of place!
And the CGI is getting better every time! The fact that you managed to make the environment move in tracking shots is excellent. And Emelia Earhart?! What a switch! What about her copilot, though? Still, way to go mystery!

Greetings straight from the Caribbean,
/Alec

PS: I am now of the firm believe the Atlanteans are also behind the 4400 abductions, the strange happenings in 'Heroes' and they also control the true reason involving the Dharma Initiative.  I won't have to watch those shows anymore, thanks to Cataclysmo. You cleared all of that up for me. Thank you! Could they also be the real organization behind the Blue Hand Men? Two by two, hands of blue!

They say that coffee is the Devil's Drink. I guess that's why he never sleeps.
Kitoku

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2008, 08:18:59 PM »

Could they also be the real organization behind the Blue Hand Men? Two by two, hands of blue!

Why not? Blue Sun... Atlantis...

Unofficial H.G. Wells Fangirl
cataclysmorox

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2008, 02:01:36 PM »

First, Atlantis is definitely behind the Dharma initiative. Smiley
Second, I watch these episodes over and over, because I have no life (or because this is my life). Am I the only one that noticed something *unusual* in the frame if you pause at 5:28 exactly?? Shocked

WANTED:
Schrodinger's Cat
Dead and Alive
David Halberstadt
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2008, 08:23:10 PM »

First, Atlantis is definitely behind the Dharma initiative. Smiley
Second, I watch these episodes over and over, because I have no life (or because this is my life). Am I the only one that noticed something *unusual* in the frame if you pause at 5:28 exactly?? Shocked

I don't see anything. Hint?

Prop Master/Key Grip/Gorilla - Cataclysmo I
Prop Master/Production Designer/Gorilla - Cataclysmo II
cataclysmorox

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2008, 11:14:58 AM »

I looked at it again carefully. Is that a gun the white guy's holding? It didn't look like a gun the first couple of times watched the episode, and I had been trying to pause it to figure out exactly what it is. I called it "unusual" because I didn't know if that was supposed to be a gun or not, and because he didn't have a gun the last time he was in the series.

P.S. What time do you release the episodes on Fridays? It's past two eastern time, and still no new episode.

WANTED:
Schrodinger's Cat
Dead and Alive
Kevin Christensen
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2008, 11:50:48 AM »

Haha. The device he's holding is not a gun, but you'll find out what it's for soon enough. He is holding it rather awkardly, though, isn't he?     Shocked

We unfortunately haven't been working far enough ahead of ourselves in order to adhere to a strict release schedule, so it usually ends up being later on in the day on Fridays that we actually finish each episode, and then we upload them as soon as they are done (which can take several hours to go through all the rigmarole of exporting and going to both this site and youtube).

This week's episode is close to being done, just some last minute tweaks to a couple of the visual effects, and the sound mix needs to be completed. But remember, we're running on Pacific time over here, so you might not want to stay up waiting...    Undecided

-Kevin
cataclysmorox

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2008, 12:33:05 PM »

Haha. The device he's holding is not a gun, but you'll find out what it's for soon enough. He is holding it rather awkardly, though, isn't he?     Shocked
That's what I was talking about.  Grin I can't wait to find out what it actually is. Wink

WANTED:
Schrodinger's Cat
Dead and Alive
Alec Corday

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2008, 04:12:36 PM »

...and sometimes we've even re-used them for multiple roles.

I can imagine the casting calls for the monkeys were the toughest part. Who has the best monkey gesticulations? Who can swing the furthest tree-to-tree? Who was the best shot with an enhanced watergun? Who could take the hardest beatings from Johnny and still go on grunting? The casting-bloopers must be priceless...

David Halberstadt
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2008, 09:53:11 AM »

...and sometimes we've even re-used them for multiple roles.

I can imagine the casting calls for the monkeys were the toughest part. Who has the best monkey gesticulations? Who can swing the furthest tree-to-tree? Who was the best shot with an enhanced watergun? Who could take the hardest beatings from Johnny and still go on grunting? The casting-bloopers must be priceless...

If only we'd had people specifically for the gorillas. Usually it was just whoever wasn't really doing anything at the moment. Which was usually me. I think all of us (apart from 1 or 2 people) have been in the suits at least once or twice. Any one gorilla could either be me, Anthony, Nathan, Kevin or even Chris and Brian. Occasionally we did have friends come specifically to be gorillas but most of the time, it's one of the crew.

I tell you though, after ten minutes of running around in those things, you never want to put that suit on ever again. While we were filming the Monkey Bar Skirmish episode for Cataclysmo 1, I nearly passed out a couple times.

We should have a "who's the monkey" trivia track on the first Cataclysmo DVD to show who's in the suits in a particular scene.

Prop Master/Key Grip/Gorilla - Cataclysmo I
Prop Master/Production Designer/Gorilla - Cataclysmo II
Alec Corday

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2008, 10:42:31 PM »

So I take it you where the one who made a monkey out of himself most of the times.  Grin Just out of curiosity, how many monkey suits did you have? And where on earth did you dig them all up? I doubt you hurried down to the San Diego Zoo and skinned a few of their silverbacks...  Roll Eyes I imagine a lot of the monkey-crowd scenes outside Crankshaft's home and the Monkey Bar Skirmish also included some very nifty duplication work in AE. So many questions! Might they be all answered on the DVD? The making-of preview rocks, so I gather much of the mystery might be lifted then...

Am I right or am I right?

Kevin Christensen
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2008, 12:10:18 AM »

There most definitely are many many secrets revealed in the behind the scenes feature on the DVD... lots of fun stuff.

To answer your question, though, there were only ever two gorilla suits, and especially in the first movie, we were constantly duplicating them over and over. I really felt sorry for those guys in the suits though... in the high desert in the middle of summer it was getting up to about 100 degrees and those suits were very toasty. They all did a great job surviving that, although I'm sure there were many times all of us wanted to pass out...  Shocked

-Kevin
ChrisWright

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2008, 12:57:34 AM »

I lucked out .  My first time donning the monkey suit was the last day of shooting. Cheesy

There are some who call us renegades.  We're just here for the pie.
Anthony Parisi
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2008, 04:01:37 PM »

I'm pretty proud of my rebellious naked gorilla / Tusken Raider dance.

See Cataclysmo 1: Episode 3.

But me and Dave both agree that being the playground gorillas for Episode 11 was the worst ever. Almost died.

- Anthony
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
WebSerials.com Forums  |  Our Shows  |  Cataclysmo  |  Topic: Cataclysmo II: 13 - The Truth Is Out There
Jump to: